VSS and Declaration Information
As outlined in the OHF Screening Policy
All Coaching Staff, Trainers, Managers, Board Members, Association Staff and those who help on the ice are required under OMHA, OHF, and Hockey Canada rules, to be screened with a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (VSS).
All NEW volunteers MUST have a valid VSS and must be received by Sept 1. 2023 (for Coaches), Oct 1st (for additional bench staff).
All RETURNING volunteers MUST have a valid VSS or DECLARATION received by Sept 1, 2023 (all volunteers). Please complete this declaration letter and give to Mark Jennings (VP & Privacy Officer). VSS is required every 3rd year. VSS, Declaration, VSS...
We will not accept a VSS from another business, profession or organization.
Thank you for your understanding.
Any questions please contact our VP/ Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Any questions please contact our VP/ Privacy Officer
OBTAINING A NEW VSS:
As a volunteer there is no cost to you, or SMMHA, to obtain your VSS but it is your responsibility to have it done and submitted to our VP/ Privacy Officer.
1. Printout and complete the SMMHA_VSS_LETTER.pdf
2. Go to www.opp.ca
3. click on "Police Records Check" button
4. complete application (ensure you are requesting a Vulnerable Sector Check)
5. Once application is completed, you will receive an email confirmation
6. VSS will be emailed to you once it is complete.
7. Bring in hard copy of this VSS to the Bracebridge Arena and place in the Bear's office mailbox.
(If you need to be on the ice prior to dropping this off, send a digital copy to [email protected])